The Butler County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for Communications Technician. This position reports to the Technical Services Division.
Communications Technicians provide helpdesk support to users of the Sheriff’s BRICS system, which is comprised of public safety radio, 9-1-1 telephone, and audio logging systems. Applicants must have general computer / technical knowledge and skills. Communications Technicians will receive on the job training regarding the types of systems and equipment supported by the unit. The ability to work with a team and solve problems collaboratively is of the utmost importance. Duties include:
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received via a ticket system
- Receive, check in, inventory and return equipment to customers at a service counter
- Work collaboratively with other technicians to solve problems
- Monitor various alarm systems for reports of problems with system infrastructure
- Coordinate timely repair of system infrastructure covered by vendor maintenance agreements
Applicants should have the ability to:
- Work in a team environment
- Deliver good technical support over the phone and in person
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with logical problem solving
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information
- Write clear and concise reports, emails and support ticket responses
- Adapt to changing technologies and job requirements
Applicants should have knowledge of:
- Desktop operating systems, email, web browsers, office applications
Experience in a public safety field is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License to operate agency vehicles
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time while using a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Some outdoor work may be required.
- Available to work during business hours, Monday through Friday, with the potential to be called in for emergencies outside of normal hours.
Salary: $18 – $24 / hour, based on experience. Butler County is an EEO/AA employer.
Position Type: Full Time (40 hours / week)
Attention: Lieutenant Todd Langmeyer
705 Hanover Street, Hamilton, OH 45011