The Butler County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for an I.T. Manager This position reports to the I.T. Services Unit.
The Help Desk provides support to users of all Sheriff’s Office data systems. The ability to lead this team to solve problems collaboratively is of the utmost importance. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of combined education and experience related to information technology support. Education and certifications are preferred but not required. Duties include:
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of user needs
- Strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Supervise and lead small group of technicians
- Work collaboratively with technicians to solve problems
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received via a ticket system
- Install, configure and maintain hardware, software and related infrastructure
- Ensure a complete and accurate equipment inventory
- Serve as administrator of specific corporate applications
- Manage backup scheduling, storage and retrieval functions
- Create, review, and modify knowledgebase articles and systems documentation
- Analyze systems statistics; recommend performance enhancements
- Monitor system events to predict or identify undiagnosed issues
- Work in a team environment
- Self-motivated to lead by example and improve skills of technicians
- Able to establish credibility with technicians through mutually deep technical skill sets
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail
- Adapt to changing technologies and job requirements
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with logical problem solving
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information
- Write clear and concise reports, emails and support ticket responses
- Deliver good technical support over the phone and in person
- Experience in new and existing system configuration and administration
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies
- Mastery of modern era Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Server administration expertise including Hyper-V
- Experience in a public safety field is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License to operate agency vehicles
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time while using a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Some outdoor work may be required.
- Available to work during business hours, Monday through Friday, with the potential to be called in for emergencies outside of normal hours.
Salary: $24 – $31 / hour, based on experience. Butler County is an EEO/AA employer.
Position Type: Full Time (40 hours / week)
Instructions: Visit our Employment Information page to download a Pre-Application Contact Form. For this particular posting, email your completed form to email@example.com or send by mail to:
Butler County Sheriff’s Office
Attention: Ken Carpenter
705 Hanover Street, Hamilton, OH 45011