Butler County Sheriff's Office Forum Index Butler County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Richard K. Jones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  BCSO Home Page

SHERIFF JONES AGAINST CAMERA TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT,04-06-2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Butler County Sheriff's Office Forum Index -> 2009 Press Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Public Info Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: SHERIFF JONES AGAINST CAMERA TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT,04-06-2009 Reply with quote

For immediate release…………. APRIL 6, 2009

“SHERIFF JONES AGAINST CAMERA TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT “

Sheriff Richard K. Jones is supporting the efforts of State Representative Courtney Combs to introduce legislation to ban the use of cameras for traffic enforcement at traffic lights in Ohio.

As Sheriff of Butler County, Ohio, I am not against enforcing the traffic laws. I am against the cities in Ohio using camera technology to ticket individuals for traffic violations simply to boost their budgets.

These cameras take a picture of your vehicle and license plate as you pass through the intersection. If the photo shows you have violated a traffic law – i.e. running the red light – a ticket is mailed to your home. We already have enough invasion of our privacy.

To me this is equal to the carbon tax. This is where our government wants to tax you for each mile you drive to pay for the carbon emissions from your vehicle.

Enough with taxing those who are working hard and already being taxed for everything else we do.

If they can figure out a way I’m sure they will try to tax the air we breathe.

Prepared by: Pamela S. Stroup
(513) 785-1000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Butler County Sheriff's Office Forum Index -> 2009 Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: