Search for Sheriff’s Sales
For information and the results of Sheriff’s Sales, please search our system by clicking the link below.
- All sales are administered by the Sheriff’s Sales Unit.
- All Sheriff’s sales are advertised in either the Middletown Journal or the Hamilton Journal every Friday.
- All care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this sale information, but there is no guarantee that all information is complete and error-free.
- The information below is posted when a sales date is set and is generally updated within 24 hours of any change in status or sales date.
- The Butler County Sheriff’s Office assumes no liability for erroneous information.
NOTICE: The Butler County Sheriff’s Office is NOT associated in any way with the showing of these properties. Please do not contact the Sheriff’s Office for the purpose of trying to make arrangements to view the properties listed on this site. These properties may be occupied and if you choose to view the properties, you do so at your own risk.
Terms for Sheriff’s Sales
- The payment required is 10% by check ( personal checks ARE accepted) on the day of sale and balance on confirmation of sale and delivery of deed.
- The balance is to be paid with Certified or Cashiers check unless otherwise specified in advertisement. All checks are to be made payable to the Butler County Treasurer. All sales stipulate “buyer beware”.
- Starting bid will be two-thirds of the appraised amount unless otherwise directed by the court.
- All sales are held at the Historic Butler County Court House at 9:30 AM (101 High Street, Hamilton)
Results of Sheriff’s Sales are generally updated to our website within 24 hours of sale.