Search for Sheriff’s Sales
For information and the results of Sheriff’s Sales, please search our system by clicking the link below.
NOTICE: Pursuant to Substitute House Bill 390 which will take effect on all order of sales issued by the court on or after September 28, 2016, please note the following changes:
1) The deposit for all third party purchasers will no longer be 10% of the purchase price (This applies only to orders of sale filed on or after 9/28/16). The new deposit is as follows:
If the appraised value of the property is:
Less than or equal to $10,000 a deposit of $2,000 is required.
Greater than $10,000 and less than or equal to $200,000 a deposit of $5,000 is required.
Greater than $200,000 a deposit of $10,000 is required.
2) Judgment Creditors ONLY may now submit a remote bid to the Sheriff’s office via fax – (513) 785-1286 or email – email@example.com. The Remote Bid of the Judgment Creditor must be a fixed amount delivered to the Sheriff’s office at the designated fax/email address prior to 4:30 pm the business day before the sale. The Sheriff’s office shall confirm receipt of the bid via email or fax to the Judgment Creditor who entered the bid prior to the sale. Results of remote bids and the sale will be posted on the Butler County Sheriff’s website no later than the close of business on the day of the sale. Remote bidders must provide their Purchaser Information Form, when they email or fax in their bid.
3) If a property remains unsold after the first sale, a second sale shall be held and the property shall be sold to the highest bidder with no minimum bid but subject to ORC 2329.21 relating to costs, allowance and real estate taxes. The possible second sale date will be specified in the original advertising of the property.
**For a complete copy of the 131st General Assembly Substitute House Bill 390, please visit the Ohio General Assembly Website www.legislature.ohio.gov.
- All sales are administered by the Sheriff’s Sales Unit.
- All Sheriff’s sales are advertised in either the Middletown Journal or the Hamilton Journal every Friday.
- All care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this sale information, but there is no guarantee that all information is complete and error-free.
- The information below is posted when a sales date is set and is generally updated within 24 hours of any change in status or sales date.
- The Butler County Sheriff’s Office assumes no liability for erroneous information.
- Prior to sale please fill out a Purchaser Information Form here.
Terms for Sheriff’s Sales
- The payment required is 10% by check ( personal checks ARE accepted) on the day of sale and balance on confirmation of sale and delivery of deed. (If order of sale filed prior to 9/28/16)
- The balance is to be paid with Certified or Cashiers check unless otherwise specified in advertisement. All checks are to be made payable to the Butler County Treasurer. All sales stipulate “buyer beware”.
- Starting bid will be two-thirds of the appraised amount unless otherwise directed by the court.
- All sales are held at the Historic Butler County Court House at 9:30 AM (101 High Street, Hamilton)
Results of Sheriff’s Sales are generally updated to our website by close of business that day.