About the Program
The Victim Assistance Program was established in 1997. It is a court advocacy program staffed by trained Victim Advocates who provide services and referrals to victims of misdemeanor crimes in the Butler County Area Courts.
- court escort services
- a safe place to wait away from the perpetrator
- safety planning tips and checklist
- assistance with protection orders – criminal and civil
- assistance with the preparation of victim impact statements
- crisis intervention
- emotional support
- court notification
- assistance in registering for Victim Information and Notification Everyday – VINE
- assistance with Victims of Crime Compensation claim forms – VOCC
- restitution support
- protective shelter referrals
Advocates act as the liaison of communication between the victim and the courts, providing support both during and after the pendency of their cases, throughout the criminal and civil court processes. Advocates will provide services and support to empower, heal and assure that every victim, every time, has a voice in the judicial process.
Our mission is to empower victims of misdemeanor crimes by serving as a liaison of communication between the courts and the victim, providing support both during and after a victim’s involvement in the court system. We believe all persons have a right to live free of violence and to have a voice in the judicial process.
We are committed to providing excellent, ever-evolving victim services throughout the criminal and civil court by serving the people of Butler County with fairness, dignity and respect as it relates to their judicial experience.
- The Butler County Prosecutor’s Office Victim / Witness Division
- The Butler County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Citizens Against Domestic Violence
This project is supported by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) through the Office of Criminal Justice Services and the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) through the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. Federal crime victims will be served.
To contact an advocate, please call (513) 887-3430 or use this form.